Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Those Pesky Leprechauns!

LEPRECHAUNS.

Y'all. Leprechauns are so mean. They made an absolute MESS in my classroom! And the poor children. They had to clean THIS up:


Poor babies. I know. :)

Here's a run down of  a crazy St. Paddy's day:


  • Leprechauns destroying your room.
  • Leprechauns peeing green [ewww] in the toilet and leaving footprints on the seat! 
  • When the kinders come in assign them the task: find a pencil (if you can) and a clipboard (if you can), get your paper, find somewhere to sit amongst the mess, and write about WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR CLASSROOM??!!?
  • Clean the room. Really. This is essential. Don't skip this step. Just. Don't. 
  • While the kids are in special, the leprechaun came back and left a scavenger hunt of clues in the room that lead to the Leprechaun's treasure {We read SO MANY St. Patrick's day books that there was a debate in my room amongst the kiddos about whether it was a trick or if we would actually find the treasure! So. Cute.}

  • Read lots of St. Patricks day books. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Make a leprechaun

  • Write about how to catch a leprechaun
(for those that can't read kindergarten-ese: mac a crap = make a trap) 

  • And don't forget to sing this song:             
Y'all. I just couldn't handle the cuteness of this day.  One of my littles found everything gold in my room to put under my desk. He was CONVINCED that when we came back from lunch he would have a captured leprechaun under there. I mean really; 5 year olds are the best

~Happy St. Patrick's Day!~


No comments:

Post a Comment